LL.M. in US LAW FOR INTERNATIONAL LAWYERS
Coastal Law’s online LL.M. program in U.S. Law meets many of the needs of students that are often neglected by residential LL.M. programs. Traditional programs can be expensive and take lawyers away from their families and jobs for a year or more. Existing programs are not specifically aimed at students who already hold a law degree earned outside the U.S.A. or are non-native English speakers. By comparison, Coastal Law has created courses specifically for foreign educated lawyers, providing what they need: a comprehensive overview of U.S. Law and a path to bar passage in the U.S.A.
Earn a Masters Degree (LL.M.) in U.S. Law in less than one year. All you need is a computer, an Internet connection, and a desire to unlock your human potential and advance in your career. Listen to lectures, participate in courses, network with attorneys around the world, and even take final exams on days and times that are convenient for you.
- Improve your legal skills without leaving your professional and personal communities.
- Enhance your academic credentials and stand out to prospective legal employers.
- Expand your professional networking base through contact with classmates, professors, and guest speakers.
- Improve your career opportunities with law firms and corporations handling U.S. legal matters.
- Effectively handle legal work outsourced from the U.S.
- Enhance your ability to meet the academic qualifications required to take a U.S. bar exam.* Our U.S. Law LL.M. curriculum meets the requirements for both the California and Washington State Bar exams.
- Earn your degree in as little as one year, or as long as three years.
*Every state has different requirements for its bar exam. Students interested in taking a U.S. bar exam should consult that state’s rules.
Students complete the program at their own pace - in as little as one year or as long as three years. We also accept non-degree students who wish to take only one or a few classes, without completing the entire program. For example, our Professional Responsibility course covers California law and meets the curricular requirements for the course for the California Bar exam.
All courses are offered in an asynchronous online format, including pre-recorded lectures (available in downloadable and mobile-friendly formats), free online reading materials, practice quizzes simulating bar-exam style multiple choice questions, practice essays simulating bar-exam style essays, and discussion boards that “bring to life” the legal topics covered in the lectures.
Recognizing the importance of live interaction in the online classroom, our professors hold at least two live review sessions each semester in each class. Finally, our LL.M. Administrative team also holds live, interactive online events with LL.M. professors and guest speakers at least once per month. These live events are all optional for students, and provide a great way for students to interact with their professors, classmates, and members of the Florida Coastal School of Law community.
Need More Info?
Fill out the form below to request more information on our LL.M. Programs at Florida Coastal School of Law.